Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 02-12-2015 , 11:19 PM

// Error: line 307: Object's name 'Walk_tab_menu' is not unique.

Hello, I just started using this freeware Mery rig, which can be found online and the code for its "Poser" window has been uncooperative and I've been trying to diffuse the problem ever since. I have heard that the window might exist somewhere and I haven't had any luck in trying to rid of it.

Here's the situation:

- Started using the poser window, no problems, until I created a tab inside the "poser" called "walk."
- Decided I didn't need it anymore and used an option inside the "poser" window to delete it.
- Closed the "poser" window" and then tried reopening it.
- Error msg popped up: "// Error: line 307: Object's name 'Walk_tab_menu' is not unique."

I have tried looking into line 307 but I don't see where maya could have picked up "walk" since it's not in the code:

menuItem -label $tabs_list[$cont] -c ("c_delete_tab_menu " + $tabs_list[$cont]) -p delete_tab_menu ($tabs_list[$cont] + "_tab_menu");

Here's my question....is there a way to fix this so I can use the "poser" window again?
Any help would be great!

PS: This is my first post on here so thank you for whoever views or posts on this thread!
PSS: The rest of the code is in the attachment if you want to take a look.

Attached Files
File Type: zip poser.zip (7.0 KB, 318 views)
# 2 03-12-2015 , 02:17 AM
Technical Director
It's saving the definition of the tab into a file - it's not stored inside the script. Run this in the script editor and it will tell you where the file is:
Code:
print (((`workspace -q -rd`) + "scripts/pose/") + "tabs.script");
Remove the reference to your tab, and it should work.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 3 07-12-2015 , 08:24 AM

It's saving the definition of the tab into a file - it's not stored inside the script. Run this in the script editor and it will tell you where the file is:

Code:
print (((`workspace -q -rd`) + "scripts/pose/") + "tabs.script");
Remove the reference to your tab, and it should work.

Omg, you have seriously no idea how grateful I am right now. It worked like a charm, THANK YOU!!!!