Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 04-10-2005 , 07:11 AM

How to render high quality?

I want to make my model(when im done it) too look the best it can. I want to know how I can make my render look more crystal clear then ones I have below;

https://www.deviantart.com/view/23638751/

thats an ealiers, heres a more recent one and what my model is looking like so far.

https://www.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/attach...chmentid=43211

Do you think maybe the sampling is what is doing it?

I have 10 and 30 sampling for my lights, I read it in a tutorial at 3dtotal.com

Thank you for looking/helping!

Prejudice Never shows much Reason.
# 2 04-10-2005 , 08:43 AM
yes sampling is an issue. But you also need to think about your lighting in general it's not shall we say.. .subtle user added image you've just got three spotlights pointing at the gun, that's not really lighting. If you want nice crisp renders take a look at mental ray and using HDRI lighting for your model. It will probably give you the results that you are looking for.

keep this thread going so we can help you and see your progress (or start a WIP thread).

user added image
A

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 3 04-10-2005 , 08:42 PM
Ah, im getting all focused on making it look good I am forgetting to finish my model. I want the settings to make my renders look good. What color shader? Lights? No lights?

I want my renders to look like your Robotic not the shiny but the textured one, but with a clayish look.

like these weapons;

https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...oto=nextnewest

in the attached photo my lights are still making it look weird with the fuzzy. When I only use one light their isnt fuzzy, but it lack thats depth and nice look.

How do I get rid of the jagged edges? How do I smooth my normals? What A-A setting should I have? min sampling __? Max sampling __?

lol sorry for asking questions I want to know ^_^

Attached Thumbnails

# 4 05-10-2005 , 12:28 AM
I got Turtle and now I get the effect I want, the only problem is I want it to be not so pixeliated. I want it smooth edges and not the jaggy edges. Anyone know how to fix this?

Attached Thumbnails

# 5 05-10-2005 , 01:33 AM
I got it! yee haw!!

it was the sampling, i put it to geo/ MAX, and super Sampling in Turtle.

I will make a thread in WIP soon.

Attached Thumbnails