Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 16 02-08-2006 , 03:21 PM
Well if Bruticus dosent want to see how you did it, I would be interested!

# 17 02-08-2006 , 05:18 PM
All right, I will work on it later tonight...a nice step by step so you can stop ay any point on it.

# 18 08-08-2006 , 01:50 PM
Just wanted to post an update:

The tutorial is written...if you would like a copy please PM me your email because at the moment it is too large to post and I do not have any website to post it on...

# 19 24-08-2006 , 01:27 AM
Subscriber

What a gem

Thanks Esion,

Fabulous tutorial thankyou for putting this together.

Cheers Ribs.

# 20 24-08-2006 , 03:19 AM
I don't feel you need a layered shader to do this, you could do it with a simple blinn with the correct maps. As for using procedurals: they wont offer you enough local control over what you need to do. I would use painted spec, bump and colour maps. Get all the rusty info painted into a nice large colour map, using real stock photos of rust https://www,image-after.com (obviously!) then knock your spec right down and your reflection right down. Add your dirt maps for those two parts and start to add them back in (remember that metal is all about the reflections so get your environment all set up and looking nice, use a chrome ball shader if you need to see how it's looking). Add your spec back in slowly looking to keep it to a minimum, do the same with reflection. You can add your bump or displacement after that .

It's all about the subtleness in the texture so add back in in small amounts

user added image
A

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB