Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 16-04-2003 , 03:05 AM
Subscriber

Tournament #1 - Vectorman VS )v(

Alright, so, heres the rules.. 1 week from today (ends wednesday next week). Model a Critter, and ONLY a critter, do not pass the bare critter without clothes, accessories, etc. This tournament chart will be updated whever there is new images posted to keep you informed on how everyone is doing. Have fun user added image.

user added image

PS, your goind DOWN. user added image

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com

Last edited by M; 19-04-2003 at 04:47 PM.
# 2 16-04-2003 , 03:21 AM
Subscriber
Lets go \/ector(\/)an! Now time to figure out what im going to model (totally forgot i signed up.. heheh). Well, hmm... the ZF1 texturing can wait user added image. BTW, sorry for that link that you have to go to all the effor to click on (above).. the tournament chart SHOULD just come up automatically.. i will be working on that user added image.

# 3 16-04-2003 , 03:45 AM
Subscriber
Alright, here i go.. I decided to model this "ferocious" beast user added image. Not exactly super scary, also.. they show a human beside it... switch that around, this guys going to be the small one.. he will push the garbage can around the room to the office employees that dont want to get off their ass user added image.... well maybe not that pathetic of a job, but we shall see.

# 4 16-04-2003 , 03:56 AM
Looks cool to me!
Surely be an entry to watch out for.

# 5 16-04-2003 , 04:25 AM
Subscriber
NICE!! Did you draw that? It looks good!

Take a glance at my <a href="https://forums.simplymaya.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9428"><b>Porsche 959</b></a> WIP
# 6 16-04-2003 , 05:12 AM
Subscriber
..... .... ok, i cant take credit for it user added image.. No i actually got it off of fineart.sk in the manga section user added image. You should look there as well, lots of great stuff.

# 7 16-04-2003 , 06:32 AM
Subscriber
okay you said a critter right? How bout a critter then (from the movie Critters Duh)

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2

Last edited by Vectorman; 22-04-2003 at 07:31 AM.
# 8 16-04-2003 , 06:41 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by M
... in the manga section...

LOL! We'll all end up modelling Pokemon and DragonBallZ type critters user added image .

Take a glance at my <a href="https://forums.simplymaya.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9428"><b>Porsche 959</b></a> WIP
# 9 16-04-2003 , 10:18 AM
Subscriber
okay yah i suck at airbrushing, heres my side view for reference, not sure what to do for a front, all my refs are just a little to the side.

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
# 10 16-04-2003 , 01:28 PM
Subscriber
Okay 3 hours of pushing verts, and poly spliting and this is what you get. I'm sure you folks could do it in 10 minutes, but i'm proud!

# 11 16-04-2003 , 01:33 PM
Subscriber
Wow, he seems to look decent low poly. I will maybe finish a low poly version later. But for now its time for more detail.

# 12 16-04-2003 , 02:18 PM
Subscriber
Heh, great start my enemy! Cant wait until you start giving this some more detail in the front viewport user added image. Ok, i should be starting today user added image.

# 13 16-04-2003 , 03:21 PM
Subscriber
Sheesh, i just tried from a poly cube to model on those refrence images on my refrence, (the small sketches)... WOW did that ever suck. I am going to have to draw some refrences of my own when i get back today

# 14 16-04-2003 , 06:13 PM
Subscriber
Cool thanx, heres a little more detail, with some smoothing (and GI). I'm gonna go try and see if i can get some fine detail going on. Maybe some eyes.

Last edited by Vectorman; 17-04-2003 at 02:01 AM.
# 15 17-04-2003 , 01:56 AM
Subscriber
hehehe....

Last edited by Vectorman; 17-04-2003 at 02:01 AM.