Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 15-11-2003 , 05:23 PM

Beginner's Modelling - Opinion Time Part Two

Okay, you guys are extremely awesome artists and great friends and I have to ask a dinky question now (dinky, not "jinkies" user added image) I'm almost ready to start modelling my first character (didn't I say that a few months ago?) and though I'm no real artist (my sketches really suck!), I've managed to do an okay job of making my reference pix. Okay, I need to learn to model and I'm considering getting more books to teach me how. I've found a book called Maya Character Animation and it looks good but I know there are better ones out there. Anybody got any ideas or hints for me on better books to get my ball(s) rolling? user added image I'm so frustrated right now and my first attempt, though not bad, still blew chunks. Thanks guys for your help! user added image

Russell

Russell Bolding
CEO/Founder - Russelltopia Studios
Web:https://www.russelltopia.com
Email:russbo@russelltopia.com
# 2 15-11-2003 , 06:32 PM
The Maya Mountain
first attempts will always blow chunks. And most likely they'll continue to need improvement for a long time. The kicker is, that each one will be better than the last. user added image

Can't expect everything you make when you first start something to come out smelling like roses. user added image