Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 28-11-2003 , 03:09 PM

games that work with maya

hey
i am wanna get into gamedesign a little more

does any of you know some games that support maya for mods ?

unreal 2 does

someone know more games that do ?

# 2 29-11-2003 , 12:32 AM
Most games that you see now probably use Maya.....Unreal Tournament 2003 uses it user added image

# 3 29-11-2003 , 12:45 AM
As far as modding games go (not developing), I'm not aware of many that support Maya. Unreal Tournament and Quake are the only two that come to mind. You might check the Alias website to see if there are others available.

In terms of actual development, Unreal, Quake, and RenderWare are three of the main game engines that have Maya exporters. There may be more out there. Again, search the Alias website for more info.

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job
# 4 29-11-2003 , 05:01 PM
Subscriber
Rainbow 6 ravenshield...as it uses the unreal warfare engine and i think Splinter Cell too although i dont think splinter cell has an sdk yet.
Theres a few more games using the same engine an your best bet would be ut2k4 which is being released in feb 2004 i believe, this has an updated engine and is optimised for much larger maps with vehicles.

"Hear That Thunder"!!
# 5 01-12-2003 , 04:26 AM
ut2k4 will be AWESOME, i luv the whole unreal/unreal tournament series, lol so off topic as to your question, sorry!!!!

# 6 01-12-2003 , 05:41 PM
i think hl2 might support it. I was asking around on mod teams for it and one guy said that maya was ok to use.

# 7 02-12-2003 , 06:35 AM
Subscriber
There's a Quake 3 .md3 Maya Exporter out there. Also, you can get your models into various games indirectly by exporting to a 3rd party program (Maya .mb----> Lightwave .lwo----> Game model importer) for example.