Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 30-10-2014 , 03:04 PM

Stair stepped Edge loop to Strait Edge loop

Hello everyone,

I am in a situation where I am on the back side of an extremely complex model completing my edge flow. Now I am working on a slopped surface. So completing these edge loops I am getting essentially stair stepped edge loops. I was wondering if anyone knew how to average a segment of edges. I can just delete the edges then use split poly to fill the gap, but since I have so many edges, and their are extremely close together I was wondering if any one could answer my question. I have a before and after photo.

So essential I have this
user added image

and I want this, with one button.

user added image

I am aware this is modeling and nothing is as simple as one button, but I just figured with how simple I have found moving within the X,Y,Z axis in a strait line, that there has to be something to simplify the traveling in a diagonial direction.

Thanks in Advance!

# 2 30-10-2014 , 03:36 PM
The thin red line
Use the lattice tool set to 2,2 and 2. Select the verts on that face then lattice.............dave