Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 76 16-06-2015 , 01:58 PM
Subscriber
Hi David,

The render is looking better but I’m still getting some hotspots, do I keep turning up the FG accuracy and point density until it disappear? also crank up the point interpolation? Just want to know if Im in the right path or if there is something else I should be looking at.

thanks!!

Attached Thumbnails
# 77 29-08-2016 , 11:11 PM
Subscriber
Hello,

I'm not sure if anybody is still checking this. I am trying to do this tutorial, but all of the downloads are missing textures needed to complete the course (ie the floorplan and the texture with all the different scaffolding shapes). I'm really confused as to where I'm supposed to get these. I've emailed admin and I don't see anywhere I can call. Help.

# 78 30-08-2016 , 08:08 AM
SM Tea Boy

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 79 16-11-2016 , 04:57 PM
Hi David,

I have a question about the mesh we export from MD, may I weld or unweld the mesh?
And the exported mesh has already the UV right?
Please reply as soon as you can. anyway, thank you for the tutorial.

Aprianto

# 80 16-11-2016 , 05:11 PM
SM Tea Boy
Hi Aprianto,

You can have the mesh welded or not, depends if you want to deal with separate geo wich can be useful sometimes. You can always combine it in maya later.

Any yes the exported mesh already has uv's.

Good luck with the tutorial.
David

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 81 16-11-2016 , 06:46 PM
Oh, Ok.

In particular video, I have seen that the cotton imported from MD is very smooth surface (the wrinkles) when you rendered it out, especially in video Bed_Cut from MD. Did you bring the mesh into zbrush (resculpting - baking displacement maps), or you just smoothed those using Soup?

I very work hard to achieve the goal like your result. Very inspired. ^_^

Thank you for the fast reply.

Aprianto