Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 10-04-2005 , 10:23 PM

Polygons- ahh, Boolean Union doesn't work, what's wrong???

I am working on a model and i try to perform boolean union operation and the 2 objects just dissappear when i click boolean union... what could be wrong? they are simply objects too, and they are good in position... please help...thanx!! user added image

Imagination is more important than knowledge...
--Albert Einstein
# 2 10-04-2005 , 10:32 PM
Subscriber
delete the history of both objects, and then save it, close maya, open it again, try to the booleans thing, should work, if it doesnt, pm me

Aim:Nshad BB Court
msn:nothinbutchains@hotmail.com
# 3 11-04-2005 , 05:31 PM
in the cartoon dog tutorial, its talked about how to combine when the boolean union doesnt work

# 4 12-04-2005 , 04:52 AM

Originally posted by tecone
in the cartoon dog tutorial, its talked about how to combine when the boolean union doesnt work

what if you are doing Boolean Difference, and that doesn't work either, then what do you do cuz the technique in the cartoon dog tut. doesn't work on Boolean Difference

Imagination is more important than knowledge...
--Albert Einstein
# 5 14-04-2005 , 10:40 PM
Subscriber
boolean is unpredictable, if it doesnt work then you'll have to do it manually- line up the lines of both objects to the area you want to combine.

then polygons-> combine
then right click-> vertex
then edit polygons -> merge vertexs.

3D Modeler and Texture Painter (Learning)
"We have limits.... our imagination does not"

Final Year: University of Bradford (Worst place to live and study in the UK!!)