Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 08-01-2007 , 10:57 AM

Maya 6.5 Unlimited for sale

I have an unopened copy of Maya 6.5 Unlimited for sale. We bought it for a project that fell apart.

I have just gotten off the phone with Autodesk and confirmed that there are no issues around my selling it. It is still shrinkwrapped so obviously has never been licensed or installed.

Maya 8 unlimited retails for $7000 US and an upgrade from 6.5 unlimited is $1899. I am asking $4000, which is a savings of about $1100. Please contact me at gordon@headfirstdm.com if you're interested.

Last edited by gordons; 10-01-2007 at 11:26 AM.
# 2 08-01-2007 , 04:09 PM
Subscriber
How did you get this copy then? I cant see why someone would buy something so expensive and not even open it.

And being shrinkwrapped hardly guarantee's it's never been used by the way. Lots of people work in an environment where shinkwrap flows like water.

I reckon this needs more explanation user added image

# 3 08-01-2007 , 07:03 PM
Subscriber
<Post deleted due to lack of sensible content>

Last edited by enhzflep; 08-01-2007 at 07:10 PM.
# 4 08-01-2007 , 07:35 PM
A lot of people can get a maya 8 unlimited educational licence for around $350... as long as you know a student, it's pretty easy to get your hands on a copy, so I'm not sure if this is much of a deal, to be honest.

# 5 08-01-2007 , 09:01 PM
It's not much of a mystery, petrol. We got it for a project that fell apart and now we have no need for it. When I said it was 'still' shrinkwrapped that means it's never been opened, licensed, registered, etc.

As for the price, it's the professional version and not an educational one. The educational versions are not licensed for commercial use.

I would consider saving $1000 or more on a seat of Maya to be a pretty good deal. I have a bunch of books and tutorial DVDs as well. And no, petrol, they aren't photocopies...

# 6 09-01-2007 , 11:05 AM
Seems a good deal of your going into freelancing.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle