Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 06-04-2007 , 04:42 AM

minotaur

i don't have a lot of eperience in this field but i started to model this minotaur .i still have to modify his abdomen because it doesn't look very good but the rest for me looks just fine .
as for the texturing, it's a tricky one.
so what do you think ?

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 06-04-2007 , 05:58 AM
Lifetime Member
This is quite a nice model ,however it does seem to need some more volume in the z direction at the moment in my opinion it looks a little like he has run into a brick wall.

# 3 06-04-2007 , 06:38 AM
well you were right . so i gave it a little fix
but i'd like to keep him a little more flat.
the arms are also out of proportion but that is itended.

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 06-04-2007 , 01:27 PM
i like this model a lot - a minotaur is an excellent choice for a model - but as jsprogg said - he's looking far too flat - why do you want to keep jim like that - is there a specific reason - or you just like the look?

# 5 06-04-2007 , 02:25 PM
Subscriber

nice

I like this cude little fellow. What do you plan to do with it?
Would be great to see it animated someday.

cheers
mac

..the Force is with me (sometimes)
# 6 06-04-2007 , 03:37 PM
i want to finish it but i don't really know what to do about the texturing.neither human skin nor fur look good on it.
this caracter is a big step for me because this is my second caracter after a really simple one.
and about the animation; i actually worked as an animator in a respectable studio but my animations kind of suck.

here is my other caracter :

Attached Thumbnails
# 7 06-04-2007 , 05:24 PM
Subscriber

Pinky?

Whoaa... it looks like Pinky from Pinky & Brain.
The mice who wants to take over the world every night.
Really cool user added image

Cheers
Mac

..the Force is with me (sometimes)
# 8 07-04-2007 , 12:05 AM
I really like your minotaur!
Actually the next thing I was thinking of doing was a minotaur as well.. more of a cartoon type one though.. user added image
but now that I've seen yours, I might want to do something similar too user added image

well for the texturing.. maybe you should post some examples of your thoughts even if it doesn't look good and probably you'll get some comments that'll help you user added image

# 9 07-04-2007 , 05:10 PM
as far as the minotaur goes, you need to shrink the insides. he's got a full rib cage of muscles, but at the same time he's ignored anything besides that. his breadth should continue on as any full fledged applicant should, but you want to breed those that contain intelligence as opposed to reaction. any man that challenges his potentials with brute force may be dismissed because of lack of foresight. it takes a mix of strength, intelligence, , obedience, and wisdom to continue on.

oh and deary me ignore these comments because i've been weighing in the drunk, tolerant, and weary... user added image

(read that as damn, neo's drunk! - mirek will rejoice lol)

Accept no substitutions.
# 10 07-04-2007 , 06:04 PM
I think you should give him some more shoulder, and maybe a hunched-back... I don't know, but I think it'd be a cool deal! I really like what you've done with him so far! KUTGW!!

Sparticus

PULL OUT HIS SPINE!!! That's what I meant to say!

Expect to excell...