Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 08-08-2008 , 08:09 PM
Acid44

you guys are crazy

i remember when i first joined sometimes this place would go a month with no new threads now im gone for 2 weeks and there's like 50 new freakin threads in every forum... you can tell we're getting more active members now :p

had to get it out

# 2 08-08-2008 , 09:25 PM
Subscriber
I always have this messageboard opened in a tab, that and https://www.all-guitar-chords.com/ and youtube are always open

I don't post as often but I do read and look at just about every new post and response.

# 3 08-08-2008 , 10:20 PM
Super Moderator

Originally posted by Rhetoric Camel
I always have this messageboard opened in a tab, that and https://www.all-guitar-chords.com/ and youtube are always open

I don't post as often but I do read and look at just about every new post and response.

Haha, youtube junky ><. I find myself following a link there, then another and another then I find myself viewing the weirdest stuff til I snap out of it and go wait wtf, lol. I always check SM though and a lot of the time this particular pc stays on anyways.

- Genny
# 4 09-08-2008 , 04:50 AM
Really? The forum is more active now? I seem to remember that two years ago it was way more active, new threads every day...

C. P. U. Its not a big processor... Its a series of pipes!
# 5 09-08-2008 , 07:00 AM
Subscriber
more active members eh?

i dont know why i stopped posting and stuff after february and only came with the odd couple of questions and now i'm spamming and hijacking everyone's threads...

i should stop that...
user added image

btw, everyone is crazy except me

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 6 09-08-2008 , 12:21 PM
I remember the night our servers crashed twice when were were profiled on CgChannel years back (or Highend3d, can't remember) when there were only 3000 of us.

Within a week we went from 3000 to like 30,000 members.
(now 140,000+)

Now THAT was a nightmare, hehe.

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 7 09-08-2008 , 04:37 PM

Originally posted by ragecgi
(now 140,000+)

Can you run a script to check how many of those 140,000 + singed up/wrote something in the last 6 month? that can give a more realistic indication as I see only ~40 - 50 active members. I see enough of Chirone to take the place of five active members - you do spam quite a lot :p .

I kind of dominate the challenge forum currently so I don't know if it's for me to say but I can not remember ever posting spam, besides one post I accidentally posted twice.

Benny

When in doubt, delete history and freeze transformations.

My latest snake game
(Requires DirectX9 SDK and Framework)
# 8 09-08-2008 , 04:44 PM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
Yeah!

and another cool thing is how many non member/ non logged-in members browse around here. I posted a new thread, and within like a day.. I had about 100 views, and maybe 12 replies.

-awesome!

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 9 09-08-2008 , 04:51 PM

Originally posted by BennyK
Can you run a script to check how many of those 140,000 + singed up/wrote something in the last 6 month?

I always wondered if there was something like that in vBulletin, there a script for other forum softwares, but the best one would be one that kills your account after a period of non-use.

Then we would know for sureuser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 10 09-08-2008 , 05:31 PM
Subscriber
the only problem with checking posts in the last 6 months would be the fact of all those people that signed up and said happy birthday to dave and haven't said anything since.

# 11 09-08-2008 , 05:33 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by BennyK
I see enough of Chirone to take the place of five active members - you do spam quite a lot :p .

it's not all spam though
half of the time it's asking a question or answering one
my name just happens to be in the 'last posted' of the forums like.... always because i can't stay away from here now :p

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 12 09-08-2008 , 06:47 PM
Subscriber
there is a script / mode for non active users giving an email and then warning ..also vbulletin has a prune utility that is very good ..the newest v bulletin has the greatest prune and spam user ...if you spam alot the admin or mod can just say spam on one thread ..it makes user in active and deletes all his posts

# 13 14-08-2008 , 01:01 AM
Subscriber
yeah i remember those lonely days acid, at one point i though the site was actually dead but now has picked up its pace again... hope by the end of the year or something it gets twice as much active!

# 14 14-08-2008 , 02:28 PM
I spend one year actually really on-line. My 2006 was only for account makin :p . But this year spend with ya learning and getting forward ... well it's very cool! so i hope this forum last for LOOOOONg, because i'm the only one ( at least i know ) in my town who is doing 3D things , and i learn only from you guys , youtube and the cgsociety... and i'm very :bow: that you are here and answear my questions !!

user added image user added image To all of you !!!

# 15 15-08-2008 , 12:01 PM
Super Moderator
Here Here! Long live SM user added image user added image user added image (don't ask me why I used that emoticon, I can't stand beer)

- Genny