Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 08-04-2009 , 01:13 AM

A Question of fun!

In your guy's opinions "What would be a good Game Develepment PC Build?

From the ground up how would you guys build it?

# 2 08-04-2009 , 08:15 AM
Subscriber
game development?
you want a single pc to do that and you want to do it all alone?

alright, i assume we've got as much money as we want then!!

first...
- the coolest most expensive intel processor i can find

-16GB of RAM (whatever works best with the processor)

-6x1TB HHDs (or 3)

-a couple external TB HHDs to back stuff up

-that $US10,000 quadro graphics card

-a motherboard that supports all that

-a power supply that powers all that

-a cooling system that will keep all that from overheating

-3 22" monitors, and a 21" wacom cintiq tablet monitor

-a mouse with at least 5 buttons (seriously, i don't know how you live with less than 5)

-a keyboard that works

oh and might as well have speakers (not worried about what they are, they'd probably be off most of the time anyway) and a mic complete with a popper stopper

yeah...

that'd be cool

also, if i was to build this from the ground up then i'd either find my friend who knows how or find a way online..

you could do what SM member The Architect did... and actually build a computer from little electronic components

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D

Last edited by Chirone; 08-04-2009 at 08:17 AM.
# 3 10-04-2009 , 05:50 AM
Chirone > "you could do what SM member The Architect did... and actually build a computer from little electronic components"

Yeah... build... :blush:

Its a paper design at the moment... :p

I decided to put in all sorts of complex capabilities (no floating-point) and it got too big to fit on a reasonable number of reasonably sized circuit boards. It does work in the simulator, though... I'm sure I over engineered it though, so its back to the drawing board until it is build-able...

Anyways, my idea of what "a good game development PC build" is the best money can buy... Preferably with more than one CPU, lots of RAM, an awesome RAID array, dual graphics cards and a custom case with Ruby painted on the side! user added image

C. P. U. Its not a big processor... Its a series of pipes!