Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 08-07-2003 , 10:12 PM

image plane

I try importing an image plane in side view by going "View<image plane<Import Image but when i select the file i get this in the output window:
"IMF did not recognise image file C:/Documents and Settings/Everyone Else/My Documents/My Pictures/sketch.jpg.
IMF did not recognise image file C:/Documents and Settings/Everyone Else/My Documents/My Pictures/sketch.jpg.
IMF did not recognise image file C:/Documents and Settings/Everyone Else/My Documents/maya/projects/Bird/sourceimages/sketch.jpg.
IMF did not recognise image file C:/Documents and Settings/Everyone Else/My Documents/maya/projects/Bird/sourceimages/sketch.jpg.
"
this is what i want to load and it wont let me...its been doing this for all my image planes lately and i cant load any...any ideas?

Attached Thumbnails

MSN: cyborg_corporation@hotmail.com
AIM: RavagingOrc
# 2 08-07-2003 , 10:15 PM
this is what i get when i try it by texturing it with a nurbs plane
"IMF did not recognise image file C:/Documents and Settings/Everyone Else/My Documents/My Pictures/sketch.jpg.
IMF did not recognise image file C:/Documents and Settings/Everyone Else/My Documents/My Pictures/sketch.jpg.
"

# 3 08-07-2003 , 10:19 PM
try opening it with paint brush and saving it as TIF...and use the tif file in maya

- TwEeK
# 4 08-07-2003 , 10:28 PM
you are my savior!:bow: :bow: :bow: Let me sell you my soul! :bow: :bow: :yipee: :yipee: thanks!

# 5 08-07-2003 , 10:31 PM
uh.....................o.k :saywhat: :saywhat: :saywhat: :saywhat: :saywhat: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

- TwEeK
# 6 09-07-2003 , 02:12 AM
Subscriber
Another thing that i do that is wonderful because i never have any problems no matter what format i use.. is i make a lambert, then click on the thing beside color, push file.. then browse to my refrence image. This puts it to the lambert. Then i just make my plane and apply it to that.. sometimes the image on the lambert requires a 90degree turn.. but thats easy.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 7 09-07-2003 , 02:30 AM
Subscriber
i think that has sumthing to do with the compression method of the jpg
u can always try resaving it in photoshop or sumthing

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com
# 8 09-07-2003 , 02:50 AM
M-I also just use a plane, i find it just easier to use and manipulate

- TwEeK
# 9 09-07-2003 , 02:51 AM
I *did* try the lambert method but it still didnt work with the JPEG

# 10 09-07-2003 , 02:57 AM
HAL, I got that same error when I tried to use Progressive jpgs. I changed them to basic and have had no problems since. But it could just be me user added image I have had some rather odd things happen when I follow my "wonder what this does?" instincts.