Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 27-06-2004 , 10:16 PM
Subscriber

Simply Rain ?

Hi,
Is there an easy way to make 'rain' and puddles, (and the rings) caused by them,in Maya 6 ?
I'm not that good yet with Maya but have been set a task of doing a " Realistic Rainy day" scene.
Preferably I would like to do the "STILL SHOT" hopefully if it's do'able for me, looking through a window with the rain having hit it.

(Would love to do a short animation, but don't know how Hardthe 'rain' is yet)
I dunno how hard it would be to 'animate the rain' because basically have never progressed from the "bouncy ball" any help would be err Helpful - Thanks

Scraggy

# 2 28-06-2004 , 05:02 PM
hardware rendered streak particles will do the rain for you. You could have multiple rani layers (front medium and far) do some post work on them to blur them and colour correct them a little.

As for the puddles that's a bit harder. but an animated texture on a simple plain would probably do it. depends on how much you want to get into it really. I remember seeing some tutorials around someplace a while ago. Do a search on google for them I guess.

Hope that helps
Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 3 28-06-2004 , 06:57 PM
Subscriber
Thanks,
Looks like it really depends on what sort of "scene" I am making then?.... I was kid of hoping Maya could do it all for me as I want to concentrate on 'Maya' alone for now really.
Will work on the "scene model" itself and get back to you when I can show you more of what's needed
(I will check the net - thanks)

Regards Scraggy

# 4 29-06-2004 , 08:23 AM

I want to concentrate on 'Maya' alone for now really.

So you're going to make your life much harder then? 2d solutions are quicker and render a hell of a lot quicker but it's up to you....

Have fun
Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 5 29-06-2004 , 12:37 PM
Subscriber
Hmm - point taken..... It's just I have no idea how to use those Applications. (I assume you are talking of After Effects or Premiere?)

I have a CD here with A.E. tut's on.
I will have a look through see if there is anything on that could help me.

Thanks Scraggy