Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 03-11-2002 , 07:53 AM

Hey um i need help with something again

# 2 03-11-2002 , 11:52 AM
Kevin
have you checked out the maya space ship tutorial? its around the net somewhere... its a poly modeling tutorial one

# 3 03-11-2002 , 04:12 PM

# 4 04-11-2002 , 03:39 AM
thanks guys but i guess i did it again by not explaining myself again

that tut isn't for ship building but this armor effect that i wanted to learn how to do and thanks for helping and i like that site user added image

~TJ~

EDIT:the question is still unanswered hehe just incase i didnt make that clear hehe

Last edited by Apollo15; 04-11-2002 at 03:42 AM.
# 5 04-11-2002 , 05:01 AM
Hmm, Actually that´s a pretty neat effect.

I suppose you could try creating a shader, and then keying the interpolation between transparent tiles and visible tiles (by playing with transparency attributes).

The precise know-how might be something you could have a lot of fun investigating how to do. Just create yourself an easy ship, and play with it, a lot. You´ll feel really good if you´re able to figure this one it out on your own.

Regards ...

btw: I´m also on it.user added image