Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 22-05-2007 , 08:51 PM
Subscriber

Jay's freighter Revisited

Well, got now that everything is running again and i have a bit of time, i've decided to crash dive back into the freighter and model it from nothign to complete in just a few days time, got about 3 hours in on it right now and i's almost back where it was before, less all the hoses and pipes
Heres some pictures of it at the moment, not many but a few;
and Jay, that question i asked you that you asked for a screen to go alonw tith it, heres is what you said i was referring to

Lastly, on the very top of the ship, perhaps add some struts like an aircraft wing going across width ways, that will help sell it in that area.

Attached Thumbnails

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!

Last edited by G-Man; 22-05-2007 at 09:21 PM.
# 2 22-05-2007 , 08:52 PM
Subscriber
redesigned the engine cones just a little, not major but somethign to add a bit more pizzazz on to them, hopefully i'll get the engiens rewired tonight, found a new mel script online that i'm going to use that i think will increase the speed of that process dramatically;

Attached Thumbnails

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 3 23-05-2007 , 02:42 AM
Subscriber
Well, back to where i was when i lost it, user added image ( only missing like 5 pipes on one of th e'fuel tanks' on the sides) and about 10k less polys for the half of the model i'm modeling..so.. somethign like 20 k less all together, revamped and reinvented.. Here it is
Jays freighter..
Not totally finished mind you, But waiting for feed back form the man himself at this point ( or other crits if someoen can come up with them) sp as not to break board size limits here are links to high rez screens of the model,
G user added image
https://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n42/JaysonsMom/2.jpg
https://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n42/JaysonsMom/1.jpg
https://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n42/JaysonsMom/3.jpg

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 4 23-05-2007 , 07:12 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Cool G

Well heres some Red Pen for you with some thoughts, put greeble stuff all over, not tons but just a few for visual interest especially around the pipework and on the ends of them, make them 'connect' with other objects around , so they sit together .

The side supports - can they go thinner, maybe half of what they are now, this way it will give a bigger scale to the whole vehicle.

The struts on the top, imagine an old aircraft wing without the skins, maybe add a pipe or two running randomly along them.

Cool stuff
Cheers
Jay

Attached Thumbnails
# 5 23-05-2007 , 12:56 PM
Subscriber
Sweet, i'll get to work on this stuff when i get off work tonight, Thanks for the insite bro...
Think its comming along fast enough for you?
:edit, was in a hurry when i posted this, meant to ask if its comming along fast enough for you to use it:

G

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!

Last edited by G-Man; 24-05-2007 at 12:05 AM.
# 6 23-05-2007 , 01:07 PM
Hey Legend, looking like a nice start man, looking forward to the daeitlas that your going to add.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 7 24-05-2007 , 02:12 AM
Subscriber

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!

Last edited by G-Man; 24-05-2007 at 02:14 AM.
# 8 24-05-2007 , 09:08 PM
Subscriber
Are these linked pics working?.. just curious they do for me, but i have th epassword fo rthe account so wanted to make sure they are workgin for everyone here
G

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 9 24-05-2007 , 09:47 PM
Subscriber
they work for me, it looks pretty good to.

# 10 24-05-2007 , 10:06 PM
Subscriber
Thank you, to both
G

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 11 16-06-2007 , 07:31 PM
Hey dude

Wheres this heading?

Cheers
Jay

# 12 17-06-2007 , 04:48 AM
I like the concept. Theres no windows or anything to denote crew or passenger though. Looks like a whale, it really works to build the cargo idea.

# 13 17-06-2007 , 08:26 AM
Subscriber
towards the finish line, been sick as a dog for the last 5 days or so, even ...took off work a few days....gettin gover it now, work on the project wa minimal as i was doing good to actually be out of bed, sucks first time i have been sick in right at 7 years. laid me out i tell ya..
I'll get some updated shots in the next day, still want some imput from you in the way of red lines for various things you want to be added/subtracted,
Tyhe windows as mentioned by woken up there, I might leave to you, atleast to develop the concept, as i've tried several different approches, including the b-25/b-17 thing you suggested, and i cant seem to make any of it look good at the moment, so right now the cockpit remains, a sphere that i've molded into...what it is now.
got most of the greebles done that i think need to be there, any more will most likely make it look, overly greebilated
still got to add the junction boxes to the pipes, sketching how that will work out before i attempt to model them, All in all, i'd say depending on what you want added or deleated after my next update, i have maybe 2 hours left before its done

G

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!

Last edited by G-Man; 17-06-2007 at 08:28 AM.
# 14 17-06-2007 , 11:50 AM
G man

Sweet, yeah dont worry about the cockpit 'I'll deal with it myself' (say like Vader) will talk on msn soon (promise)

Later
Jay

# 15 18-06-2007 , 03:45 AM
Subscriber
I'll be looking for you bro, off thurs and fri both, but my sister is in town so not sure how much time i'll be on the net during you rnormal hours of operation, i'll keep an eye out to see if you are aroudn when i am..
I'ma put about an hour in on the freighter tonight, then tomorrow when i get home from work, pour myself into it and finish off what i already see, take a bit to study to see what i can find to add and post some screens fo ryou to redline;
Talk soon
G

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!