Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 04-03-2011 , 05:46 PM

ideas please

ok soo i'm trying to make a realistic rainstorm with clouds and water what is the best way to go around doing that should i use ndynamics are just regular particles? and i know i should use the 3d liquid container for the clouds. but i'm not sure how to make all those things look good together i'm doing this for a video and it needs to look good soo any ideas are helpful thank you/

# 2 05-03-2011 , 11:26 AM
The Nurb Herd
i know how to do this.

# 3 05-03-2011 , 05:24 PM
well? how?

# 4 05-03-2011 , 08:34 PM
The Nurb Herd
well, im probably going to sound like an asshole. I might just be hung over and grumpy today, but basically i don't want to do your course for you. the other thread you have (with pretty much the same name) has had two people make videos for you, with pretty little thanks.
part of the 3D is working out how to do things for yourself. Have you tried the things you suggested? I dont know what your skill set is, and i don't know what the storm is supposed to look like in shot. these things make it hard to say what will work for you.

# 5 05-03-2011 , 09:42 PM
well im a junior in highschool and have only been working with maya for 2 years and thats just class time for 1 period a day..soo ya i'm not a genius at this stuff but i am trying my hardest and i got the basketball net to work thanks to videos and suggestions it just took time since i can only work for 45 mins a day and maybe some time after school.. and we dont have a set curriculum our teacher just says work on watever basically..soo i wanted to make a storm.. i know how to make paticles look like rain and i know how to make clouds.. and wind and stuff but rendered out it looks like dump.. soo i was just looking for some helpful ideas on how to make it look better than it already does but i guess thats not gonna happen. thanks for your help on previous things..i'll figure this one out on my own i guess