Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 05-02-2003 , 05:14 PM

Image Planes

Yet another noob question. Any suggestions on the proper way to set up image planes in PS so they are exact? I have been checking out the WRX tut to get a better handle on working with NURBS. But I can't seen to get my image planes to line up proper. Seems no matter how I set it up one plane or two is way larger than the others. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Spiffy

# 2 05-02-2003 , 07:53 PM
Subscriber
such a long process but ill try user added image just hope no1 posts this before me making my post pointless :p here we go:

1. you have a side and a front (maybe a top, but i dnt use em)
2. load them both up in photoshop, create a new document and copy both views to the new document, but have them side to side
3. pick a referance image, one that you will match the other one to and lock that layer (u have both images in seperate layers)
4. clever bit now that most people dnt no about photoshop. display your rulers (if theyre not already up) and what you can do is click on the base edge of the top ruler and drag it down to the top of your car in the locked view, then with the other view move it so the top of the car is in line with the ruler user added image these dragged down ruler referances dnt print out user added image
5. make as many of those ruler referance lines as you want (the more you make the more accurate they would line up
6. but you would hit a problem, once you have one ruler, you cant use another without messing up the first ruler. so what you would do is draw ur ruler like normal, then marquee select the side of the ruler you need to line up then go to transform>scale and scale the selction so it lines up with the ruler

and thats about it basically, i no its rather hard to understand and its easier to show you, if you understand what i just said, great user added image if you dont, ill go into more detail about it

hope its helped

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com