Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 16 19-01-2004 , 07:26 PM
Thanks all!
Actully, i'm a bit unserten if I'm gonna use bones or clusters. But I have to try this first. The resone is because I want a fast setup for facial animation and controll.

She will mostly show different feeling and it would take to long time to make blendshapes for each...perhaps I add some later...but this will do for now!

/Av

Beauty is worse than wine, it intoxicates both the holder and beholder - Immermann"
# 17 19-01-2004 , 07:53 PM
The modeling is insane. I really like the glow from faking body hair. I agree with adding more lights and what pony said about the skin. It seems a bit plastic. Maybe it is to glossy also.

# 18 20-01-2004 , 05:51 PM
Excellent work man!

-------------------------------------------
# 19 10-02-2004 , 07:42 PM
Ok, no big update...been busy with my regular work but now I'm on the go again! So this is what I've done this evening...hair... Still need some fixes and I don't know about adding some other colour like the "red" I got...gonna try something different... But I will post an update tomorrow! Going to use maya's rigged bodies for "loose" parts in the animation... Anyway, got to go! Cherrio!
/AV

Attached Thumbnails

Beauty is worse than wine, it intoxicates both the holder and beholder - Immermann"
# 20 11-02-2004 , 02:26 AM
Subscriber
Looks like it will get there just fine. Cool as is also. what is it ? transparincy maps on geo right ?

# 21 11-02-2004 , 05:38 AM
ooking good bro. The ends of the hair, however, look kinda funny. Perhaps its just the render?

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 22 11-02-2004 , 05:46 AM
I really like the changes. She is looking hooootttttt.

# 23 11-02-2004 , 09:09 AM
Thanx! Yepp, there is only transp maps on nurbs... I played around with Paint F/X but there was just no way it was gonna work without spending too much time trying to keyframe and make it look good later...
Here's the mesh, for thoose interested!

/AV

Attached Thumbnails

# 24 11-02-2004 , 10:04 AM
Subscriber
Looks really good there on the Geo. def a step up from PFX. And it looks good at the difrent angles you have shown. My only sugestion would be the back peaces comeing out of the tail part whare it is bunched up. though might have little problems at some angles becouse they looks still a bit to flat to gard aginst them disopearing fromt the side of the geo. Maybe curve them a little ? But its rocking for stills! nice.

# 25 11-02-2004 , 11:34 AM
That's a good point pony! See if I can refine that part you mentioned. There still needs some more variations in the hair color... Well, i'll post updates later! Cherrio!

# 26 21-03-2004 , 11:03 PM
Phjuu.... I've been working alot lately so I haven't had time to do much with my char-animation...
I changed the outfit, just because for problem areas round the shoulders ect.
So this is how she looks now, still need some more tweeking on the leather...

I have recorded the mocap data and are mapping it right now... So much to do for a single person...wich I had more time but the days only have 24 hours! :o

Anyway, will soon post a walk preview!
Chao!!
/MR:AV

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by Sir-Avalon; 22-03-2004 at 06:26 AM.
# 27 22-03-2004 , 02:46 PM
Very nice sir!!!!! She is a winner....

...tongue tied and twisted, just an earth bound misfit, I.

https://sky.prohosting.com/spyd01/
# 28 22-03-2004 , 09:20 PM
Can't wait for the walk movie user added image

Looking real great at the moment!

# 29 23-03-2004 , 10:00 PM
Ok, so this is the first motion test... Need to work on the shaders some more, and a whole other stuff...but I'll keep updating! user added image

Catwalk Test No.1

user added image

Last edited by Sir-Avalon; 24-03-2004 at 07:35 PM.
# 30 24-03-2004 , 12:37 PM
WOW!

Excellent work!

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675