Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 03-03-2004 , 04:18 AM

Please enlighten me!!

Hello everyone,
I'm not sure if I should have posted this on Simply Photoshop Forum, but I decided to do it here, since I'm more of a 3D "artist" than a 2D.

I was browsing the net, and came across this website about 3D cars and stuff, and i went into their 2D section, and then I could not really believe that I actually WAS in 2D section... I was stunned.. 1st of, I couldn't believe, those cars were made in just a Photoshop, I thought they were made with some kind of cartoon shader in Maya or 3ds max,... but not in Photoshop!!..

Please take a look at this awesomeness, and enlighten me, how could you possibly come up with such drawings in Photoshop,.. I mean,.. you really have to have an outstanding imagination,.. and a lighting-shading-mentalray engine in your brain or something!!!.. user added image

here's the WebSite - www.3dcar-gallery.com

... one kid is just 16 and he's drawing this in photoshop?????
user added image
user added image
user added image
user added image
OMG!!!! user added image

# 2 03-03-2004 , 04:53 AM
The Maya Mountain
photo references help.

# 3 03-03-2004 , 05:58 AM
Subscriber
Lsphinx, they do have a rendering engine in there head of sorts. The intense study of light and shadow, also a deep understanding of a forms 3 dimensional qualities has bean something a lot of artist have strode fore and come to understand for hundreds of years. Actually its just bean with in the last couple of years that the software renders have started to take the full advantage of the know how that has existed for a long time.

# 4 03-03-2004 , 06:32 PM

Originally posted by mtmckinley
photo references help.

I gues,... but it seams, from their text on the description of the models, they are drawing their own designs... (well,.. maybe they are taking parts of lighting and shading from various referances... )
Pony, i understand, with age and experience, your drawings come to the point of perfection, but the kid is just 16!!..

# 5 05-03-2004 , 02:19 AM
I could see that being phososhop with enough time put in. Just look at photorealistic traditional painting. Also, on most of these there are places where they are not quite symmetrical or the perspective is just a bit off.