Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 21-04-2004 , 10:39 PM

Rendering a movie

I know this is a stupid question, but how do you make an .avi out of .mb? I don't get how this works, I'm a total newb here...

I am in 10th grade, sophomore in high school, but if you don't take me serious, I'll make you.
# 2 21-04-2004 , 11:09 PM
# 3 24-04-2004 , 01:37 AM
Another things...
Where can you turn on lens flare? How to display lights so that they show up in render(lets say I want camera to point directly at the sun and see it with all the rays etc)?

I am in 10th grade, sophomore in high school, but if you don't take me serious, I'll make you.

Last edited by Jack Of Spades; 24-04-2004 at 10:34 PM.
# 4 24-04-2004 , 10:34 PM
Someone answer....please... user added image

# 5 26-04-2004 , 03:18 AM
OK, I guess I'll just post all my stuff in this topic...

I have a few Paint Effects trees in my scene, but they look black in a render. However, with deafult lighting they look OK. What is the Problem???

# 6 26-04-2004 , 08:34 AM
ok for a start lens flares need to be done very well or they look cheesy IMHO. But I think there may be options in the glow and optical fx params.

The paint fx stuff, unless you've converted to polys then pfx is a post effect and isnt actually rendered when your geometry is. It's done as a post effect and is added after the render is finished.

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 7 27-04-2004 , 02:28 AM
Pure_Morning, did not understand much user added image)

My lens flare mysteriously appears in the middle of the screen, no matter where the object is...

# 8 27-04-2004 , 08:21 AM
what dont you understand? can you be specific?

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 9 27-04-2004 , 02:50 PM

But I think there may be options in the glow and optical fx params.

The paint fx stuff, unless you've converted to polys then pfx is a post effect and isnt actually rendered when your geometry is. It's done as a post effect and is added after the render is finished.

All of this. I know what is glow parameter, I know what is optical FX. If i do a lens flare with them, both the starlight effect and the lens flare mysteriously appear in the middle of the screen, not on the object. user added image

# 10 07-05-2004 , 07:25 PM
-open up maya ... press f1
-read everything in there .... twice

-read all these tutorials
https://www.learning-maya.com/rendering.php

-come into simplymaya live chat and ask there

-or post a scene file

To create a light optical effect
Create a light for which you want to apply and position optical effects.
In the light's Attribute Editor, map the Optical FX utility to one of the light's attributes (for example, click the box beside Color then select Optical FX from the Glow Utilities tab in the Create Render Node window).
IPR render the scene to see the optical effect.

Re-position an optical light effect
You can move the glow or halo you have attached to a light or include more than one optical effect in the scene.

To re-position an Optical FX utility node
Create a Locator and place it anywhere in the scene (Create > Locator).

Shift-select the locator in the view, then select the light.

You can now move the locator anywhere in the scene and the optical light effect moves with it.

Wanna talk maya ?
Message me @ bluemagic@hotmail.com
Email me before you add me.