Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 02-06-2004 , 01:56 AM
Subscriber

scrambled reference image

I am trying to put a 2d file texture on a poly plane as a reference image, but the result scrambles the photo file and when I hardware texture, all I get on the plane is noise. I thought it might be a video card issue, but I have done this technique before, and when I open files with this kind of reference image, they still display. I also tried an image plane, but I got the same static problems. Any help would be appreciated. I cant progress in this tutorial until I figure out the reference image thing. Thanks

# 2 02-06-2004 , 02:22 AM
Subscriber
I just tried loading one of the jpegs from a different file and it worked, but changing the file to the one I want still has scramble. This leads me to belive it might be something with the file I am trying to load. Is there anything I might be able to do in Photoshop or something to make the image load right?

# 3 02-06-2004 , 02:32 AM
Sounds a strange problem but the first thing I would do is open the file and take a screenshot, crop it and try again.

# 4 02-06-2004 , 02:32 AM
Are you saving the scrambled one as a progressive jpg? Try to save it as a normal jpg and give it another shot.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 5 02-06-2004 , 03:04 AM
Subscriber
Thanks, guys. I did a screenshot and croped it in Photoshop, and it worked! Thanks alot! Very Clever DrRobotnik. Now I can get on with learning character modeling.