Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 13-08-2007 , 11:29 AM
Subscriber

Warrior

This is the end result of a big WIP.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 13-08-2007 , 12:05 PM
Nice job minstrel - this is looking very cool! Any chance we can see the full figure?

There's just one thing that bothers me - I think it's the angle of the eyes - they should be angled out from the center 10 - 15 degrees (i think) - at the moment it looks like you have them dead on and so he's looking a little crosseyed. user added image

# 3 14-08-2007 , 01:26 AM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
Nice job indeed, but i'm gonna bust your balls anyhow:lmao:
He will be more alive if you rotate the eyes a little bit and maybe use a blendshape to give him a bit of an expression.
The eyes have a bit of a texture look, try to create a glossy eyeball if you now what i mean.
Maybe you can use a backgroundimage to spice it up a little, play with the lighting etcetera.
So back to the drawing board you:rant: LOL

# 4 14-08-2007 , 02:06 AM
Looks good man, nice work!

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 5 14-08-2007 , 03:21 AM
Acid44
thats friggin awesome nice work manuser added image :bow: :bow:

# 6 16-08-2007 , 12:40 PM
Subscriber
Thank you all for the comments. Arran, I did not texture the body beyond what you saw in the WIP. I am sure I could make it look a lot nicer now that I have learned a few things.

I might redo the eyes some more as it was suggested, and I might add fur to the eye brows instead of the paint. There is a bit of translucence on the eye to reproduce some SSS, but I want to try a different approach with the inner ball using the SSS shader and the outer ball for reflection/spec. I tried that before using a transpareny map and using the mix20 shader to get both the nice reflections and the SSS on just 1 ball, but it was not working well for some reason. I am sure it will look better if I just created two balls in there. Anyways, I'll get to it one of these days.

# 7 26-08-2007 , 08:09 AM
Subscriber
Stunning altogether though i love the hair alot!

# 8 31-08-2007 , 04:23 PM
Subscriber
Re-did the eyes, and where they point to. Thats it, no more tweaking user added image

Attached Thumbnails