Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 05-02-2009 , 07:36 AM

Cloth tutorials? Wind? *GULP*

I did a Maya Help and Google search and I'm getting some helpful tutorials, but cloth is brand new to me in Maya and there's a SEA of information out there. I don't even know enough about it to know if I'm asking the right questions or doing the right searches. I'll keep sifting through these tutorials as I find them, but I thought I'd ask if any of you have any favorites that you're already aware of--especially if you know of any that will help with the following:

I'll be creating a cloth canopy, hanging over a rigid frame, blowing slightly in the breeze. Sounds simple and daunting at the same time.

Like I said, I'll keep digging through as much as I can using Google and Maya Help, but if you can point me in the right direction, that would be awesome.

Thanks in advance,
-Jeff

# 2 05-02-2009 , 01:17 PM
Subscriber
I'm not sure that SimplyMaya has a cloth tutorial, but I do know and own the one from Digital Tutors - nCloth.
Its up to you if you want to purchase it. It is very informative and tells about the options that effect cloth such as gravity, wind, etc. that can effect it.
Hope that helps you.