Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 61 23-08-2011 , 12:34 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
No worries Bullet I wasn't critisizing you ... I wouldn't dare offend offspring from an old British jail island LOL

# 62 23-08-2011 , 01:40 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
excellent -keep at it.

J

# 63 23-08-2011 , 02:23 PM
Lifetime Member
Gaol my man...still British...in a good way. No offence taken mate.....I try to help...somewhat eronous in certain ways....butI try to learn from youall...knowledge is a defence....lets all learn... it looks shit hot to me......just some light inn the rear..peace man

cheers bullet

P.S all art is good, I like your art...its reaistic. I like that user added image f**k yeah, when I am allowed...I will write ****.

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes

Last edited by bullet1968; 23-08-2011 at 02:26 PM.
# 64 23-08-2011 , 02:27 PM
Subscriber
This is fantastic, Alan Rickman should be proud

# 65 23-08-2011 , 02:30 PM
Lifetime Member
Oh BTW...the better and bigger my skills...is up to the knowledge given baby....hit me. kcuf

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 66 23-08-2011 , 05:33 PM
Hey Bullet, be careful with the term 'realistic' verrrrrry dangerous word to use in the world of CG.

anyway Mastone: Heres a link I think will be of use to you, its a fairly close up shot of Rickman as Snape. I think youll be able to determine the necessary corrections. I just showed my daughter this piece of work as she is a huuuuuge Potter fan, the first thing she said was the groove in the forehead is toooo deep and long and the lines on the forehead either side of the groove are non existent. So you are being watched by hardcore fans!!! Better make it right. LOL She is my worst critic on my work, she absolutely has me on the rails, she is very eagle eyed!!

anyway your link sir....https://2.bp.blogspot.com/_E5XEEd0Hfu..._1280_1024.jpg

cheers
Jay

# 67 23-08-2011 , 06:54 PM
@lilnik: Thanks, don't know why Alan Rickman should be proud though, he's born with his face LOL
@Bullet: Thanks, but I have a long way to go ( or at least need to learn a trick or two ) before achieving something that's hitting believeablity, let alone reality user added image
@Jay: Thanks for the picture I will add it to the collection, oh and please tell your daugther that it's hard to get it looking right ( see the attached image as proof user added image ).....

Attached Thumbnails
# 68 23-08-2011 , 11:06 PM
Lifetime Member
LOL Jay...I hear what you say...but in this case my 'realistic' did refer to the nature of the art...not the model itself...but I hear you (chuckle)

bullet1968

# 69 24-08-2011 , 08:15 AM

oh and please tell your daugther that it's hard to get it looking right ( see the attached image as proof ).....

LOL oh she knows how hard 3d is mate. She's been doing it from an early age, she knows a thing or two already....she knows what can and cant be achieved....she knows your Snape can be even better...

better get on with it then hadnt you lol

cheers dude
J

# 70 01-10-2011 , 07:59 PM
Well have been going back and forth between Zbrush and Maya, after watching a couple of tutorials on character modeling/texturing and what not .
The eyes are photoshopped just to get a bit of a feel.
It's slow progress, but at least I am getting somewhere user added image

C&C is welcome ( as always)

Attached Thumbnails