Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 22-03-2008 , 12:24 PM

Some facial blends

Hi folks,

despite the issues I had getting the face rig on the go, I've sorted the issues for the time being and have started some blends.

Just a before and after shot - the after shot has some clusters closing the eyelids, and the face has two blends on it (smile and frown).

Still needs tweaking but I think the result so far is ok.

Crits and comments welcome,

cheers

gubar

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 22-03-2008 , 12:26 PM
I think he looks a bit goofy because the jaw is not rigged yet. Once it is I'll close his mouth and tweak the smile more, it looks a bit too v-shaped at the moment. I've tried to match the refs I have and have spent a good part of the day gurning into a mirror.

Need to fix that bottom lip, should rotate it back I think for the smile position.

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 22-03-2008 , 02:23 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
Nice headmodel--selfportrait by any chance?---
Only the brow texture seems a bit odd, ah well.user added image

# 4 22-03-2008 , 04:17 PM
Hi again,

thanks for the comments, it's not a self portriat but it does look a bit like me, only had front and side refs so used my own face to sort out a lot of the 3\4 shots, and smiles etc.

Yeah the eyebrows need some worl they are a bit odd. Think now that the mouth is odd because I haven't moved the front of the lips back against the teeth, as they do when you smile.

Sort it in the morning,

cheers

gubar

# 5 28-03-2008 , 11:09 PM
Tweaked the smile and closed his mouth:

Attached Thumbnails
# 6 28-03-2008 , 11:10 PM
Angry and showing some teeth (teeth aren't finished):

Crits and comments welcome

cheers

gubar

Attached Thumbnails
# 7 30-03-2008 , 06:37 AM
His smile looks scary, looks like the kinda smile you see in a movie after the lines "I'm a gonna have fun boy!!!!!"

but if thats what your after..... Works great.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 8 30-03-2008 , 07:37 AM
Hi gster,

thanks I think... wasn't going for the deliverance vibe at all. Could be related to the fact that his eye clusters are half closed and his frown blend is on too.

cheers

gubar