Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 15-10-2008 , 09:46 PM

FBX problem

I have a model that I need to export as a fbx file so someone can open it into Max. The problem is I am unsure what settings I need. I was able to export it so the skeleton had the animation but for some odd reason the character was scaled down really small and was no longer attached to the skeleton.
If anyone knows what settings might get this working it would be much appreciated.
I have also attached a link to the file in case anyone is able to take a look.

Many thanks,

Leon

https://rcpt.yousendit.com/615945507...3573c4d016e3c4

# 2 15-10-2008 , 10:08 PM
Make sure that the MAX user is using the same version of FBX as you, its in the export option window so ask them what version they have, as this generally is the problem when it goes heywire.

Also make sure that when the guy imports he has the same scale and axis as you (and the scale in the scene file).

I had a similar problem going form maya to endorphin and back and it was the version and the scales.

Hope it helps

Steve

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 15-10-2008 , 10:25 PM
My main problem is a am yet to get it to export from Maya properly since when I re-import it back into Maya there are problems.

Thanks,

Leon Labyk

# 4 16-10-2008 , 01:07 AM
yeah I get the same, but the models the original size, i'll have a bit of a fiddel tomorrow to see if theres anything that can be done.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 5 16-10-2008 , 11:01 AM
Thanks for your help matey it is much appreciated. I did have a wrap deformer attached but I did remove select remove the influence before deleting it. Not sure but might that be the cause of the problem.

Thanks again,

Leon Labyk

# 6 22-10-2008 , 05:40 AM
Still cannot get this to export properly. Does anyone have any other ideas as to how I may be able to export the file so it opens into max.

Cheers,

Leon