Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 31 19-04-2003 , 12:18 PM
Subscriber
Well your in polys now .. I just hit poly smoth.. but er... I should cheak out what I have it set to.. I hit it once and liked it.. never messed with the settings after that.. I just have it smoth agin if I still have some jaged edges..

basicly it just splits the polys once in its smoth.. probly the standered settings so you can just use the defalt buy resetting it..

note.. don't be suprised if your model looks a little smaller.. becosue in the smothed. smothed polys stay more on the inside edge of the faces of what is being smothed..

so you will find if your going for a sertin size you need to pre emptively exagerait your curves a little.. takes a little tweeking and expirance.. but its well werth it..

BTW.. I love polys !! nurbs can be great to start out in.. for what ever stile a person wants.. but for heavy models.. subD's are to slow..

want to hear me just blabering away more.. just ask.. LOL

# 32 19-04-2003 , 12:22 PM
Subscriber
oh yeah.. ADL you will probly like polys for low Ram useige..

and that reminds me.. if you don't want to edit your screen caps right then, there is a cool program that will auto save what ever pic gets screen caped.. I'll find the location of ware I got it if your intrested..

Happy PE is working good for ya though..

# 33 19-04-2003 , 12:30 PM
Thanks for the info bud, I´ll check a bit later the smooth settings.

As per the screen capture program, I already use one, it saves the files and such. Thanks anyway. user added image

Keep on blabbering mate!user added image
You smooth before rendering right?

Last edited by adldesigner; 19-04-2003 at 12:32 PM.
# 34 19-04-2003 , 12:38 PM
Subscriber

adl's new settings

Yep.. I smoth once or twice befor renders. or to see how my tweek looks.. thin I just controle Z to undo the smoth and go back to editing the low poly..

hear are the settings...user added image

# 35 19-04-2003 , 12:44 PM
Aren´t those the default settings? user added image

# 36 19-04-2003 , 12:46 PM
Subscriber
just a miner not. I don't use CPS eather.. the mel script. its as slow as subD's, but it is nice for automaticly seeing a mirror image if your only working on one side.. but even that in low poly can be slow at least on my computer above like 1200 faces (unsmothed).. and that is not really a lot of faces..

so i just make what ever or do the tweeks I have in mind.. thin smoth to inspect the results. undo the smoth and move on..

# 37 19-04-2003 , 12:48 PM
Subscriber
Yep.. but I posted it just to make sure.. LOL.. sorry probly shouldn't have.. look at me taking up space in your thread.. sorry. if I'm rude just tell me.. I do learn..LOL

# 38 19-04-2003 , 12:54 PM

Smoothing XenoDude ...

Lol, I don´t get mad at it, GCastro might kill you later. user added image

I just smoothed out XenoDude using those settings,
Here are the results

# 39 19-04-2003 , 02:39 PM

Having some trouble with the shell ...

Here´s another look at some detailing being done to the shell. -pain in the ass by the way-
Added also the things Alien has in his back (the four rod-type structures) -Perhaps used for balance-

Last edited by adldesigner; 19-04-2003 at 09:01 PM.
# 40 19-04-2003 , 10:04 PM
Subscriber
Oh crap! I got to get going! Adl, man, great stuff, very nice presentation... It's too bad you're getting knocked out in the first round user added image hehe..

You leave me know choice but to kick it into over-gear.
*George hopes he can back up his words.. hehe.

Great job buddy.

George

God Bless you and 3D

Last edited by GCastro; 19-04-2003 at 10:06 PM.
# 41 19-04-2003 , 11:12 PM

Originally posted by GCastro
It's too bad you're getting knocked out in the first round user added image hehe..

You leave me know choice but to kick it into over-gear.
*George hopes he can back up his words.. hehe.

He who laughs last ... laughs best. user added image

By the way, kick that thing into overgear! I want to see it!

# 42 20-04-2003 , 01:55 AM
Subscriber
Adl, just had to say its looking good from the angles given user added image.. also, man... you have the guy from megaman in your signature. hes awesome!

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 43 20-04-2003 , 08:26 AM
Subscriber
HAHA!! Adl - the little dude in your sig is ledgendary!!

Take a glance at my <a href="https://forums.simplymaya.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9428"><b>Porsche 959</b></a> WIP
# 44 21-04-2003 , 06:49 AM

Tournament withdrawal ...

Greetings guys

Sadly, I have to withdraw from this tournament. I fully realize what this means (the 2x rule).
I got hired to do a small presentations proyect, and as such I have to devote my free time for it. Had a lot of fun though, and I expect to compete some other time.

Regards,

# 45 21-04-2003 , 08:25 AM
Subscriber
oh man.. I'm sorry to hear that ADL now we will never know if what the turn out would have bean had we bean in the last round.. .. .. Also Happy to hear it, as doing a presentations project sounds like fun !!

And thanks for the idea with gif's..