Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 26-01-2004 , 08:06 PM
Subscriber

wrap deformers?

Hi,
I just finished building a model and made a skeleton. I have been told that i need to make a wrap deformer of the model and than add the skeleton to that. I am using a low res version of my model as the wrap deformer on to a high res version of the model. However each time i try to make the low res version into a wrap deformer the computer crashes.

In the light of this my question is:
Is there any need to make a wrap deformer in this way? can i simply rig the low res model and then smooth it previous to rendering?

Any help would be welcomed with extreme happiness.
Thanks, Matt

# 2 26-01-2004 , 08:22 PM
Sounds like it might be a menory problem for the crashes... You can smooth bind the low res mesh then smooth before rendering.. thats how i do it..

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 3 26-01-2004 , 08:54 PM
Subscriber
thanks for that info.
i have got 1gb of memory in my computer. Should such problems be common even with so much memory?

Matt

# 4 26-01-2004 , 08:58 PM
I know i cant use to much paint effects or dynamics or i crash.. and I have a gig ddr too.

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb