Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 01-12-2003 , 10:56 PM

Skelton unbinding from skin

I have several legs and arms, each one being bound to a seperate skeleton with Rigid Bind.

I get everything bound together and save my scene, then next time I open it up, everything is unbound. I move a skeleton and the arm/leg doesn't follow, so I have to rebind everything again.

What is going on? I really need to fix this... user added image

"The first rule in government spending: 'Why build one when you can have two at twice the price?'" - From the movie 'Contact'.
# 2 01-12-2003 , 11:48 PM
post up a few pics so i can see whats going on=)

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 3 02-12-2003 , 12:04 AM
You can see my skeleton for the legs easily, in orange. Those + the arms loose thier bindings (they are polygons) to thier skeletons every time I open the file.

I'm running Gentoo Linux 1.4 fully updated, with Maya 5 in Gnome 2.4 if that helps.

I'm not sure if a screenshot will help, but here you go:

Attached Thumbnails

"The first rule in government spending: 'Why build one when you can have two at twice the price?'" - From the movie 'Contact'.
# 4 02-12-2003 , 12:12 AM
I just realized that I selected Edit > Delete All By Type > History before the last save.

I think that broke it.

I just tested that theory by rebinding all my skeletons to my legs, deleted the history on one of them and it broke. Lol, sorry about that, I'm a goofy n00b. So I think I fixed it, I just won't delete all history anymore. user added image