Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 12-03-2007 , 01:23 PM
Lifetime Member

Got carried away :)

I modeled this house.......

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 12-03-2007 , 01:24 PM
Lifetime Member
Then decided to build it for real hehe.....

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 12-03-2007 , 01:32 PM
Subscriber
saying you actually built the house made me think differently of your model... j/k model looks good, helluva lot better than I can do

# 4 12-03-2007 , 01:59 PM
19 year Veteran
Man, you got some serious skill going on there! Not only can you build in maya, but you can build in real life! user added image

# 5 12-03-2007 , 02:29 PM
Lifetime Member
In all honesty i was not going to post this model as a WIP, the render was never tweaked .
I did model the whole house to scale as a design to build my new home...the inside is completely modeled also.
This house is the reason I haveb't been on the forum much for the last year.
The photo of the real construction is a couple of months old and the house is very nearly finished , hoping to move in very soon ...yipppeeee!

# 6 12-03-2007 , 02:57 PM
19 year Veteran
Tried sending you a PM but your box was full. I will post it here.

Looks like the other old timers have gone on to different things in life. I really miss their work. I still browse the WIP and finnished forums quite often, but hardly ever post there. I seem to be more attracted to the challenge forum for some reason. I cant believe it's been 5 years since I registered here.

Thanks for the kind words!
user added image

# 7 12-03-2007 , 08:59 PM
Love the house.......and you've made very realistic model, really good

And yap, try to get a perfect render user added image

"One day someone tells me that I was no one, no one is perfect, if God is perfect so I'm God" - No One
# 8 13-03-2007 , 05:14 AM

Originally posted by jsprogg
The photo of the real construction is a couple of months old and the house is very nearly finished , hoping to move in very soon ...yipppeeee!

lol, congrats! Must be awesome to have designed the floorplan for the very house you're (going to be) living in!

Originally posted by Gamester
And yap, try to get a perfect render user added image

I agree...get a great render, and print it out on some nice, glossy paper, frame it, and hang it on a wall, like in your front entry room...see how many visitors notice :p

"Hey, that's your house..."

# 9 13-03-2007 , 05:25 AM
Lifetime Member

lol, congrats! Must be awesome to have designed the floorplan for the very house you're (going to be) living in!

Yes it's really quite amazing to fly through your model for months and then one day actually get to walk through it for real.

Thanks for the kind words Gamester.

If I get the time I might kick off a descent render for you guys too as you asked nicely user added image

# 10 13-03-2007 , 10:17 AM
ha ha - when I first saw this the other day I just figured you were kidding! I remember when I was going to move into my apartment I made the floor plan using sims. user added image Now, that was just before I discovered maya!

This is looking cool! yeah - lets see some more renders. user added image