Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 08-03-2003 , 08:29 PM

help with locals and globals .. needed

hey there..
take a look at this pic.. user added image

# 2 08-03-2003 , 09:59 PM
Subscriber
I don't quite understand your question, do you mean how to get the centersquare (move tool) into a cube (scale tool)?
If so, click one of the cubes in x, y or z. (thx to Mike who explained this to meuser added image)
If that's not what u mean, plz clarify.

oh and for the sake of people with modems; use 'save for web' in photoshopuser added image

# 3 08-03-2003 , 10:29 PM
oh, sorry if i didn't state my question clearly,,....
what I ment is:
you know when you extrude your face in maya, it gives you this multiple tools such as transform, scale, rotate... and only then (while you are making extrude face) it gives also a small box which lets you manipulate whether you want - local or global - transformation of faces.
What I would like to have, is to be able to change to - local or global settings - while I'm working with faces (not extruding them)..... that's all i ment :-)
... and thanx for the advice.. i'll remember to save everything in "save for web" option...
thanx

# 4 08-03-2003 , 11:40 PM
The Maya Mountain
should just have to click it

# 5 09-03-2003 , 02:54 AM
Subscriber
hey mike, lsphinx means when ur working with normal faces, there is actually no button which u click to change between local and global, not like extruding anyway
there are 2 ways to do it:
1. double click on ur move tool and itll open up the tool box, there when you rotate and move things, you have the choice of local, global etc
2. i notice ur using 4.5, in 4.5 there are preset marking menus, i think its ctrl+W+right hold i think, then you have local and global options there as well

i know neithers as efficient as the lil box you get when you extrude, but this is as close as ull get

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com
# 6 09-03-2003 , 04:40 AM
heey, thanx a lot mate.. everything worked like candy!!! user added image
thanx again Nem... user added image