Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 16-02-2004 , 02:56 PM

first rig

OK, I have rigged my first character: monkeyMOnk.

Animation is soon I hope. No textures, and this is the proxy layer (smooth face, rough body). I am just going to keep doing animations with this guy to learn.

I am trying user added image

Attached Thumbnails

Lungs not guns....
# 2 16-02-2004 , 02:58 PM

xray

Here is an xray of the locators and handles, etc... By the way, what is the best process to keep the elbows form fillping? I havea contrained pole vector but it sill shakes when I bend it? Should I try an orient and aim?

Oh yeah, what is the best way to attach geometry to a handle so you can grab it easier?

thanks!

Attached Thumbnails

Lungs not guns....
# 3 17-02-2004 , 03:07 PM
Subscriber
ok well I didn't see this post when I seen your other one. sorry. pay the other one no mind. you can still contact me though. It looks simple and efective. Hows the revers foot joints doing for you ?

# 4 17-02-2004 , 04:50 PM
Reverse foot is fine, but I am having a problem with my expressions.

Whenever I add an expression to my pelvisControl node, my feet come off of the ground when I lift one knee up. I have grouped my root to itself and named it pelvisCOntrol, and then when I add a simple trranslate expression, my feet lose their groundedness? Also, what is the best way to attach a primative to a handle so it moves, and controls the handle for easier visibilty? Any help is apreciated. I am deepin the trax editor now user added image I have learned a lot of Maya, and it feels great!

Lungs not guns....