Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 24-09-2005 , 03:25 PM

Reflections

hello every one. I was wondering if I could get some help. I am creating some objects that are shiney and sould have a nice clear mirror like reflection, and I cannot get a reflection to show and am wondering if I can get some help with this. I would sure apriciate it. I have a couple new projects on the way. Hotrod stage coach is being put on hold for now.

Here is an image of what I am dealing with and the reflections not showing up. Thanks for your help!!

Leland Webb

Webb Creative Arts

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 24-09-2005 , 04:19 PM
have you enabled raytracing on your renders? That was onething that got me stuck!

Are you using the Maya 6 3d for beginers book by alias??

Just that jout axe looksthe same as a turorial there, just finished it myself!!

# 3 24-09-2005 , 04:29 PM
I am using the book titled Introducing Maya 5 for 3d beginners. which is a bad book to be going off of since I have the full version of maya 6.5 I am in Iraq right now so I dont have access to any other tutorials other than what my mom sends me in book form. I am new at maya, and am most of the way through the polygon section. I have not started working with nurbs yet. how do I turn on raytrace??

thanks for your help

Leland Webb
Webb Creative Arts

# 4 26-09-2005 , 09:03 AM
In your render globals, go to the second screen (if your using Maya software and under the raytracing options select enable raytracing, or set the render the produstioon quality as thins should enable raytracing too