Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 22-05-2008 , 02:18 PM

Cloud final fantasy

Gonna have a try at modeling Cloud from advent children.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 22-05-2008 , 02:48 PM
Acid44
i hate ff... not too bad so far thoughuser added image

EDIT: his arms look a little thick for cloud thoughuser added image

Last edited by Acid44; 22-05-2008 at 03:18 PM.
# 3 22-05-2008 , 04:47 PM
Subscriber
i'd say they look a little thin. In the movie he was BEEFED up.
The face is starting to look good, but as with most FF characters it is the hair that finishes off the look for them so I am eager to see that.
Great start.

If you keep the shirt model I think you'd be better off molding the grooves into the shirt as the current texture does you no justice.

Peace, love and Anarchy~~~~~~~
Arch Viz Reel

My Website is Finally Back up!

“Welcome to the Internet. Where the men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.”
# 4 22-05-2008 , 04:47 PM
Subscriber
i'm a fan of ff, cant wait to see how this turns outuser added image

# 5 22-05-2008 , 06:33 PM

Originally posted by acid44
i hate ff...

ha ha! and i thought i was the only one.

looks like a good start though - that little wolf brooch thing is great.

how did you do the material for his top? it looks pretty effective.

# 6 22-05-2008 , 08:40 PM
Small update.

Attached Thumbnails
# 7 22-05-2008 , 10:39 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Love the jacket

nice job...

Jay

# 8 23-05-2008 , 02:15 AM
Subscriber
great work but the face isnt saying cloud to me....it just looks like a very beautiful modeled character but it just doesnt look like him....i think its the jaw line and the nose i have to check when i get home to look at more refs

beautiful detail on the wolf......i would love to see a wire on that bad boy

anyways, im looing forward to this one esp since im a huge ff fan......great job..good luck

Toyota Supra WIP

I create feeling in others that they themseleves don’t understand.
# 9 23-05-2008 , 07:02 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by 99GsTurbo
great work but the face isnt saying cloud to me....it just looks like a very beautiful modeled character but it just doesnt look like him....i think its the jaw line and the nose i have to check when i get home to look at more refs

beautiful detail on the wolf......i would love to see a wire on that bad boy

anyways, im looing forward to this one esp since im a huge ff fan......great job..good luck

The hair will make a huge difference too. But yeah some more detail definitely needs to go into the face.

Peace, love and Anarchy~~~~~~~
Arch Viz Reel

My Website is Finally Back up!

“Welcome to the Internet. Where the men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.”
# 10 23-05-2008 , 11:34 AM
Thanks for all the coments guys it is much appreciated. I think you are right about the face needing some work and will try and make some improvements to it shortly.
I have started on the hair and think it will be the most important part as it is what you notice first in the films. Still some way to go though before I will have it perfected.

I will post some wires with the next update

Cheers,

Leon

Attached Thumbnails
# 11 23-05-2008 , 01:56 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by leonlabyk
Thanks for all the coments guys it is much appreciated. I think you are right about the face needing some work and will try and make some improvements to it shortly.
I have started on the hair and think it will be the most important part as it is what you notice first in the films. Still some way to go though before I will have it perfected.

I will post some wires with the next update

Cheers,

Leon

hi

did you use "shave and hair cut" to creat the hair?

# 12 25-05-2008 , 08:14 AM
Yup Jali the hair is created with shave and haircut.

Small update on how things are looking. The shirt looks rubish at the moment since I need to create a normal or displacement map from zbrush to show off the details. The same goes for the belt and pad. Things will also look alot better once I create a texture map. I also need to add some more hair coming from the front of his head.

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by leonlabyk; 25-05-2008 at 08:17 AM.
# 13 25-05-2008 , 10:07 AM
Working on the rest of his clothing. Need to create his gloves, trousers, boots and some other buckles and straps which wrap around him.

Attached Thumbnails
# 14 25-05-2008 , 10:24 AM
Wire

Attached Thumbnails
# 15 25-05-2008 , 12:11 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by leonlabyk
Yup Jali the hair is created with shave and haircut.

Small update on how things are looking. The shirt looks rubish at the moment since I need to create a normal or displacement map from zbrush to show off the details. The same goes for the belt and pad. Things will also look alot better once I create a texture map. I also need to add some more hair coming from the front of his head.

NICE!!!! i'm digging the hair man, it actually looks soft, one crit though, i think the hair is looking a little on the dark side that being said, your not finished yet and more then likely will fix it later on, keep up the good work,

p.s i was thinking of modelling Zack, i might have a crack at it now that you've done one of the ff characters