Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 10-10-2008 , 10:16 PM
Subscriber

Maya 7 Final rig >2008

Hi folks heres a test for someone if they still use Maya 7.
Why cant this Maya 7 rig be opened in Maya 2008 along with it's controls? The rig was created with Final Rig plugin but when you open it in 2008 the Control nodes dont show up!

Be interesting to see how to show these control nodes as they are in the outliner!

Cheers for trying

Attached Files
File Type: rar maya_7_fr_rig.rar (53.4 KB, 217 views)

It is by my will alone I set my mind in motion
# 2 10-10-2008 , 10:37 PM
under the options for open click the ignore version check box

# 3 10-10-2008 , 10:49 PM
Subscriber
Hi there thanks for your reply.
If you open the scene in M7 you will see all the control nodes for the charator but if you open it in 2008 these nodes are not visible (even though visibility is on).

Open the scene in 2008 and locate steve_LhandCtrlShape in the outliner and you will see there are no controls to select!

I tried your suggestion but this didnt work!

The output window shows,
Unrecognized node type 'circleControl'; preserving node information during this session.

But surely these are just wires or curves!

Cheers

Last edited by Stephen; 10-10-2008 at 10:55 PM.
# 4 10-10-2008 , 11:11 PM
in the command line it says it cant find a required plugin, final rig pro 2 by radiant square. This is definitely the problem, its nothing to do with the version of maya but the plugins you have installed on those versions that where used in the creation of this rig.

# 5 10-10-2008 , 11:20 PM
Subscriber
I thought as much.
I was hopping that I could open these files in new maya versions. We have about 40 characters all rigged with Final Rig which was a brilliant plugin for rigging but it is no longer supported thus keeping our work flow in Maya 7.

Is it possible for someone to re compile a plugin make it compatible with new versions?? Some smart dude out there could do it i'm sure.

# 6 10-10-2008 , 11:51 PM
dont know, its weird that the rigging software uses custom nodes. i use TSM2 and not had problems like this.

I dont know anything about coding plugins but see what people say.