Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 25-01-2014 , 11:23 PM
Subscriber

Shave and a Haircut question

I recently began using S&H but I've run into a technical question so I hope some experienced users can assist.
When the hair on my model has dynamics added, the hair passes through the geometry and therefore collisions must be added. My question is, when do I style the hair so that it remains the way I need but dynamics allow for movement? Is there a specific method required to avoid any technical problems?

Any input will be appreciated.

Thank you.

# 2 26-01-2014 , 06:08 AM
Subscriber
I think the work flow is the same for that as nhair.
You create the hair, style it. Make head a collison object then run simulation (this alows the hair to settle in place alittle) then set start pose.
But I am just about to look into shave and haircut myself after some god resaults from nhair on my challenage project here https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40041

# 3 26-01-2014 , 06:18 AM
Subscriber
Hi

Thanks for replying. I believe you are correct. I've been playing around with the same thought in mind and it looks like that is the right approach. With limited resources it's a little challenging to figure it out alone. Now it's just a matter of remembering everything I did.

Thanks again.

Cheers.