Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 13-02-2011 , 04:29 AM
Lifetime Member

Animation Project 2.0

hey check out my animation here:

YouTube - Animation Project

for some reason it wouldn't let me upload the video.

let me know what you think.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 14-02-2011 , 07:19 PM
haha nice job. how long have u been working with maya? iv just started and kinda wana get an idea of how long it took you. i do have experience in blender but would love to get better with maya. only thing i think was alittle weird was the wave. its seemed just alittle fast. but either way good job!

# 3 14-02-2011 , 08:16 PM
Super Moderator
Not bad, the wave and the fall were a little strange but still not bad. On the rendering side of things, there were these little flashing circular spots on the ground, whats up with that?

- Genny
# 4 14-02-2011 , 09:43 PM
EduSciVis-er
I think those were the raindrops hitting the ground, Genny. I thought it was really well done. The animation was maybe a little jerky (could have used more ease in/out, anticipation and follow-through) but overall nice work!

# 5 15-02-2011 , 01:07 AM
Lifetime Member
Ive only been working with Maya for a year. Before i started uni last year i didn't even use a computer haha. As for the spots popping up all over the place i have no idea why there there it was just a problem that came out of rendering, i think it has something to do with my shadows not sure. But as stwert said they do look like rain drops hitting the ground so not a complete stuff up for once...thank you Maya.... anyways thanks for ur imput guys ill keep it in mind for my next project.

# 6 15-02-2011 , 05:00 PM
cool to hear that youve only worked on if for about a year. im at around half a year so its cool to see what could be accomplished. do you have any free tutorials or lesson plan type things you would suggest? ive got the maya basics... 1000 pages but other then that ive just been youtubing =)