Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 13-07-2004 , 06:32 PM

query render globals?

How can I query the render globals? I need to access the resolution and aspect ration.

Thanks.

# 2 13-07-2004 , 07:34 PM
That's a bit tricky one. First you need to find out what renderer is set to be used and then you need to find out from where those settings are coming. They've really mixed this up when they introduced the new render global system with the common and renderer specific settings... So honestly I don't know user added image

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 3 14-07-2004 , 01:14 AM
(NOTE: I'm going to type out all the commands for the sake of anyone relatively new to MEL.)

You'll want to look at the scene node called "defaultResolution". You can verify its existence with this command:

Code:
ls -renderResolutions;
You can get a list of all attributes connected to that node via the "listAttr" command:

Code:
listAttr defaultResolution;
The list of attributes for defaultResolution includes entries for width, height, and deviceAspectRatio. To query those attributes:

Code:
getAttr defaultResolution.width;
getAttr defaultResolution.height;
getAttr defaultResolution.deviceAspectRatio;
Of course you can assign those values to variables as needed:

Code:
$width = `getAttr defaultResolution.width`;
$height = `getAttr defaultResolution.height`;
You may also want to check into the default nodes called "defaultRenderGlobals" and "defaultRenderQuality". They may contain additional rendering information that you may need.

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job
# 4 14-07-2004 , 02:14 AM
That looks like it's just what I'm looking for. Thanks Danny.