Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 12-08-2003 , 01:30 AM

sleeping t. rex

this is my t. rex sleeping, it's for a movie I'm doing, I'd appreciate any constructive comments and criticisms. I wasn't quite sure how he'd lie down, so tell me if it looks natural or not, or if I can improve it. thanks in advance
user added image

# 2 12-08-2003 , 01:49 AM
Looks pretty good mate.

The only thing I would do myself is bring the hind legs out a bit form the body... on a little bit of a angle.... Think of a dog when they lay down the back paw are usally not so close to there sides.

This will also help when you come to lifting him up when you animate him.

looking forward to up dates.

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 3 12-08-2003 , 03:09 AM
Drool!!! more Drool! hehe...

Love the idea m8!

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 4 12-08-2003 , 03:30 AM
here's an update on his position, thanks for your replies

Attached Thumbnails
# 5 12-08-2003 , 12:47 PM
AWw there you go.... now the for arm not sure if hey coud pivot there elbows like that.... Rember there front arm where very small and pretty usless.

Great stuff

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 6 12-08-2003 , 06:49 PM
thanks for your reply. yeah, I wasn't quite sure what to do with the arms, but I've updated their position. tell me what you think, and how I can improve

Attached Thumbnails
# 7 12-08-2003 , 07:33 PM
Subscriber
Hey man you're t-rex looks great! Love to see a wire of him. Is it possible if he were sleeping that he'd lie on his side? This is how a dog sleeps and would look much more natural, but as kurt said, his current position would make it much easier to get him up. If you plan on keeping in his current position (or a similar one) you might want to take a look at a sleeping horse, for they also sleep like that.

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2
# 8 13-08-2003 , 03:24 AM
this isn't a real update, just for fun, and at a friend's suggestion, I added a little bear for my sleeping rex, of course, this won't be in the final movie... user added image
also, I've tried making it lie on its side, but I can't really figure out how to make it get up, and also, most representations of theropod dinosaurs lying down, have them lying like this (walking with dinosaurs, jurassic park 2, and drawings from artist/scientist Greg Paul), however they show the front half of the dinosaur, because, as I've found, the thigh muscles start to twist weird and it doesn't look right, which is also the reason for the camera angle

Last edited by PilotLtKettch; 13-08-2003 at 04:00 AM.
# 9 13-08-2003 , 05:31 PM

LEAVE THE BEAR!!!!

HAHAHAHAHA....

I love the BEAR!!!!!!

EXCELLLENT!!!!

-SuperDave71user added image

"Yeah I want my Cheezy Poofs!"
# 10 14-08-2003 , 11:26 PM
here's the wireframe of the bear and my t. rex that someone requested. I haven't done much to him for the past couple of days, I've been trying to figure out how he would get up

Attached Thumbnails
# 11 03-11-2003 , 12:11 AM
well, I've seriously started working on this again (my T. rex movie) and I finished the first scene, which is him sleeping, and waking up, please give me your critiques and comments. it need the divx codec. also if anyone knows a good way of making him walk, besides using an expression to keep his pelvis between his legs, I'd appreciate it very much. thanks in advance

Attached Files
File Type: rar sleepin3.rar (135.7 KB, 364 views)
# 12 03-11-2003 , 01:23 AM
only animation advice I got is that he's really heavy so watch the center of mass & the tail is ballance to stop him face planting.

luv the modle's bro

xian

# 13 05-11-2003 , 08:51 PM

# 14 12-12-2003 , 07:30 AM
and here's a new update, another finished shot, comments and criticisms are welcome. oh and he's supposed to be stalking someone, the guy turns sees him and then he gives chase as the guy runs to the right

Attached Files
File Type: rar rexchase.rar (228.5 KB, 315 views)

Last edited by PilotLtKettch; 12-12-2003 at 07:33 AM.
# 15 12-12-2003 , 07:31 AM
and a test render for lighting. does anyone know how to fix the graininess in the motion blur?

Attached Thumbnails