Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 04-11-2005 , 12:45 PM
Subscriber

trying to download new tutorial

Attached Images
# 2 04-11-2005 , 02:51 PM
Subscriber
getting the same thing, at first i thought it was the internet at my accomodation, went to the academy computers and same thing.... thank god it wasn't just me lol. i thought i messed something up in my internet settings!!

Attached Thumbnails

3D Modeler and Texture Painter (Learning)
"We have limits.... our imagination does not"

Final Year: University of Bradford (Worst place to live and study in the UK!!)
# 3 04-11-2005 , 02:52 PM
Once Dave see the post he will get on it as fast as he can...

Kurt

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 4 04-11-2005 , 06:44 PM
Subscriber
Thanks Kurt..

ps.... keep them tuts coming!

# 5 04-11-2005 , 07:03 PM
SM Tea Boy
Looking into this now guys! Seems a strange one

David

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 6 05-11-2005 , 11:11 PM
SM Tea Boy
Fixed. The files where bad on my system at home. Faulty HD, sorry about the delay but i had to re encode and re upload the files.

Everything is now fine and you obviously wont be charged extra points if you download the files again.

David

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 7 05-11-2005 , 11:16 PM
Subscriber
Hi david...it's still a no go im afraid..i've just tried about 2 mins ago with the ball throw part 1..exactly the same as before

# 8 05-11-2005 , 11:32 PM
SM Tea Boy
Hm are you using Internet Explorer by any chance? The new files are good I've just downloaded them all to confirm might be IE playing silly buggers with cached files let me run some tests.

Sorry about this.
Dave

# 9 05-11-2005 , 11:34 PM
Subscriber
yes im using IE...

# 10 05-11-2005 , 11:42 PM
SM Tea Boy
Oh now I'm angry. I must have been having a blond moment, I think I've just pointlessly encoded and re uploaded 9 files The encoding alone take 13 hours! I don't think there was anything wrong with the files in the first place. I think me having some file damage on my home system was a coincidence.

What I think has happened is the file names of the zips you download are generated by the title of the tutorial followed by the part number. I called this lot Animation: Name. Windows wont allow ":" in a file name so when it finished downloading and went to wright the file to your hard drive of course you got an error. Firefox worked as it just left the ":" out of the filename.

Want a stupid error to be stuck with!

Should now work again apologies I'm an idiot!
David

Attached Images

# 11 05-11-2005 , 11:44 PM
SM Tea Boy
Yes the : in the title of the tutorial name was the problem! As I wrote the bloody download script you'd think I'd avoid this sort of error.

I did say it was a strange one.
David

# 12 06-11-2005 , 12:01 AM
Subscriber
No worrie's David....Cheer's for your persistance :bow: