Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 26-08-2007 , 04:10 AM

how would you rate me, as a newbie?

hi,
as an introduction, im very new at 3D. Im picking up modeling texturing, rigging and animation, to work on a game mostly using the Torque Game Engine. just wondering, what you'll think of my texture mapping for now. its really hard achieve a realistic looking guy, but this is the best i could come up with so far. i just stop with the head, and if its good enough, il continue...

user added image
https://www.ripway.com/members/getfil...tled%2D1%2Ejpg

what do you think? say out of 10?

also, im not sure what are the limitations of creating game characters. can those additional maps like bump, displacement, diffuse etc, be used for better textures, or is it limited to only normal maps? ive tried finding tutorials on how to do all the other mapping but cant find too. what about the polygon count of a character? for this model, i had mine done in 2000 polygon. is it too much?

i know that there's alot of room for improvement my modeling, espcially tecturing. perhaps you could recommend me some books and also sites that teaches stuffs like doing bump maps, a better texture and so on.

your help is greatly appreciated!

# 2 26-08-2007 , 05:05 AM
Subscriber
There's no image and the link leads to a log in page.

# 3 26-08-2007 , 05:08 AM
Subscriber
Hello and welcome to SM,

It seems when i visit the site it says you must login?

your trying to view a picture right?

Marlon

# 4 26-08-2007 , 05:18 AM
oh, im sorry, wasnt aware of that...
ive tried attaching a file.. does it work now?

Attached Images
# 5 26-08-2007 , 05:19 AM
it does. great.. wasnt aware of attaching a file.. makes it a whole lot easier!