Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 06-11-2008 , 12:10 PM
Lifetime Member

Min. version of Maya for Tuts?

Hiya,

Is there a minimum version requirement of Maya for any of the available tutorials?

I'm on Maya 6.5 and don't want to buy a Tut if I can't open the files...

Ta!

-Jacques

Poly-pushing on a '96 SGI O2
# 2 06-11-2008 , 04:29 PM
Subscriber
hullo,

the tutorials are all video files.

anything made in the year of version 6.5 will still apply word for word (i assume such version was used during those videos)

if there are any complimentry files (like scene files or pictures) then they are free, so you can try them out before you download the tut's videos

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 3 06-11-2008 , 04:50 PM
Level 32 pachyderm
If the tutorials for something not in maya 6.5 (like ncloth) you obviously wont be able to follow it
but you will be fine for most tutorials (in fact most of them were made with older versions of maya)

# 4 07-11-2008 , 09:32 AM
Lifetime Member

Originally posted by Chirone
hullo,

the tutorials are all video files.

anything made in the year of version 6.5 will still apply word for word (i assume such version was used during those videos)

if there are any complimentry files (like scene files or pictures) then they are free, so you can try them out before you download the tut's videos

Thanks both of you. I was more concerned that some of the tools / commands / procedures used in some of the tutorials would not work with 6.5.

I'm OK opening the video files.

Poly-pushing on a '96 SGI O2
# 5 07-11-2008 , 10:16 AM
Level 32 pachyderm
Off the top of my head i don think there are any simplymaya tutorials that wont work in 6.5
with the possible exception of cloth (it depends if its ncloth or not)