Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 31 12-02-2011 , 05:04 PM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
Can you show a picture of your "destroyed" mesh. Sometimes it will do that if the new topology doesn't follow the forms of the highpoly mesh properly.

The best thing to do is bring in the new mesh as a subtool to the highpoly. Then SubDiv level by Subdiv level transfer the detail from the highpoly mesh to th new topology. This way at each level you can manually correct any errors while they're minimal, including exiting forms and proportions to improve the quality of the transfer.

If you're having too many problems still, I don't mind trying to transfer the details for you.

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 32 12-02-2011 , 05:12 PM
I did append it as a subtool, but I projected from original to highest sub d of my retopo at once, instead of doing it step by step and polishing it inbetween. I'm, still quite new to ZBrush and have produced a row of mistakes, but it's not my first model that I had to dump. Won't kill me!!! user added image

TDWuser added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 33 12-02-2011 , 05:41 PM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
Alright man, no probs. Its always good to know when to move on.

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 34 15-02-2011 , 12:09 AM
Finally made something small out of the declined project. Please don't tell me video isn't working!!! user added image

TDWuser added image

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by TDW; 15-02-2011 at 12:49 AM.
# 35 15-02-2011 , 01:19 AM
Lifetime Member
Nice TDW...video doesnt work....bahahahahaha

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 36 16-02-2011 , 03:04 PM
Thx mate, maybe in 10 years from now, you'll actually be able to push that button and play the vid, who knows!!! user added image

TDWuser added image