Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 19-12-2003 , 04:32 PM
Subscriber

Improving workflow and efficiency

Hey,

I'm at the point where I'm comfortable using Maya for modelling and stuff, and I'm trying to streamline my workflow and make things more accesible and easier.

Anyone have any tips or tricks that they use to speed things up?

Do they speak English in What?
# 2 19-12-2003 , 05:15 PM
Use a shelf thats has all the short cuts that you mainly use, it will help spend things up greatly.

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 3 19-12-2003 , 05:25 PM
Subscriber
Thanks Kurt. I went through the Marking Menu tutorial, and thats got some good stuff on it, too.

# 4 19-12-2003 , 06:05 PM
Subscriber
I use marking menus for tools and the shelf for simple scripts (mirror object and convert to subd's, mirror and triangulate, etc.). I also use the hotbox alot. Pretty fast. Just set up things as you like it and use the keyboard alot and you should get a nice workflow.

Björn 'santa' Fredriksson

<A href=https://www.bjornfredriksson.com>Site Online.</A>

Check out our 1on1on1 battle for the SandCrawlers.
# 5 19-12-2003 , 10:05 PM
Subscriber
Thanks Bjorn. I need to work more at training myself to use the Marking Menus. I'm hopelessly used to hotkeys.