Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 09-08-2004 , 07:08 AM
Subscriber

UV Question

Downloaded and watched the 1st part of the bunny head tutorial, Projection Mapping & UV Layout, and wondered why he had to move and scale the parts into the 0 to 1 area after he was done. I wondered because the whole time he was tweaking the main head section he had it moved over into an empty space to the left of the grid and it seemed to update fine in the persepctive view.

I've seen plenty of different programs all had to have it in the 0 to 1 area, but just wondered why since it seemed to work fine while he was tweaking. Any simple explanations? I know there has to be one but...

Thanks

# 2 09-08-2004 , 12:36 PM
The Maya Mountain
Textures will be fit into the 0-1 section of the UV editor by Maya. Outside of that box, the texture will repeat. So, you don't necessarily have to have it in the 0-1, but it can be easiest to do so.

# 3 09-08-2004 , 05:34 PM
Subscriber
Roger that.. makes sense.. thanks for the info.