Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 29-11-2003 , 11:50 PM

Old work, redone:

Maybe someone remembers the boots I created a while back: I reworked the pants and hope I´ll complete this character, after my current work´s done. I´ll animate this one for sure someday, but at the moment I´m so much into Mayas Character Animation Tools that there´s simply no time. Nevertheless, hope you like the progress!

bigger version:

https://members.chello.at/anna.mahler...ernative02.jpg

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 30-11-2003 , 03:34 AM
Subscriber
I like it! I hope we can see more user added image

# 3 30-11-2003 , 05:30 AM
It looks very very interesting user added image This can be something really good. Plz, keep us updated.
Do you have a reference pic, or are you modelling direct from your mind?? user added image

Good work

A new found Glory!
# 4 30-11-2003 , 09:59 AM
Thanks for your comments, guys! Well, I have reference Pics, but I did not stay very true to them while modeling.

I will keep you updated!

Interest in wires?

# 5 30-11-2003 , 03:26 PM
Subscriber
yes pleaze!

# 6 02-12-2003 , 06:31 PM
great detail! me likes

Solomon
Soreel GraFX
https://www.sowl.com
# 7 02-12-2003 , 08:47 PM
Oh, well, guys, sorry that it tooks me so long, but I just finished creating a really good Maya character rig - Currently I´m working on skinning, etc. I´m terribly tired, lots of work.

Well, just like to add a little information: This one´s circa 2 months old. The boots were created with polybox modeling (very easy, very artistic, imo), then poly reduced by myself, the pants with poly per poly, subdivision Surfaces (CPS Script - That´s one hell of a script!). The polycount turned out quite well, with 2 iterations I´ve got 20.000 polys. Rendered with GI_Joe.

Thanks for the comments for my lousy boots, hehe, here´s what everyone waited for:

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by Thomas Mahler; 02-12-2003 at 08:53 PM.
# 8 03-12-2003 , 01:33 AM
Subscriber
how do you get this neutral lighting and texture??

it is great, even though it is not the final shaders and all...

<font size="1"><strong>"The hardest thing to see is what is in front of your eyes"
<em>Goethe</em></strong></font>
# 9 03-12-2003 , 09:54 AM
Very easy, actually. I just used the GI Joe lighting script. This script creates a light dome, combined with 64+ directional lights and depth mapped shadows.

Until it´s final I wont create my own lighting setup, GI Joe is a very useful script to fake GI in a very fast way.

Thanks for the comments!