Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 15-03-2007 , 05:41 PM

Part of my model goes transparent when I assign a texture?

Hi everyone hopefully someone can solve my problem as I have not come up with a solution yet (obviously).

I have made a wine rack for a project I am currently undergoing. I have a wood texture I want to desingate to the wine rack. When I assign a lambert texture to a model everything is fine. When I go to get the picture (go to file..) however the top of the wine rack turns transparent?

I have tried containing all UV's to the picutre (in the UV texture editor) and tred deleting all the history but neither of these have worked.

If anyone could give me an explanation to why this happens I would be v grateful

Thanks

Chris

# 2 15-03-2007 , 05:45 PM
Senior Software Developer
First thing to check is that all the normal are pointing in the correct direction.
Next remap your UV's, but sounds lkike it could be a UV issue.

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 3 15-03-2007 , 06:28 PM
Subscriber
is this happen before or after you select the wood file.

If its after then the wood file may have an alpha channel on it which maya connects to the transparency part of the shader.

which can be removed in the hypershade.

If its before sorry cant help.

good luck

# 4 15-03-2007 , 06:41 PM
Thanks for the swift replies,

I cleaned up the model then remapped the UV's using cylindrical mapping and it worked. Guess the UV's on the top weren't getting any of the texture!

Thanks again

Chris