Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 29-06-2010 , 07:26 PM
Events Team at Wargaming.net

Cant apply shader

So a buddy of mine has a shader with a ps texture on it but he cant apply the shader to any objects, the uv's are laid out ok and we cant figure it out, there are no errors showing up when we apply it, it just wont show up.

# 2 30-06-2010 , 11:31 AM
Lifetime Member
Ive had that BUT it did show an error after I renamed the shader but forgot to hit the enter button then tried to import the file. It couldnt find the file..there are no errors at all???

Go into 'shading' in the panel options an check that 'hardware texturing' is clicked on.

Attached Thumbnails

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 3 30-06-2010 , 03:01 PM
Super Moderator
In that very same screenshot Bullet posted, make sure "Use default material" is not checked. If that doesn't work, check the hardware texturing section in the shader's attribute editor and make sure it's texture channel is not set to none. I'm sure it's just a viewport setting you're after, if you render and the shader doesn't show then I'm stumped for now.

- Genny
# 4 01-07-2010 , 12:31 AM
Events Team at Wargaming.net
Alright thanks guys, I will have him check it out tomorrow when I see him and let you know what happens.